Friday, May 6, 2011

love letters

jonathan does a lot of great things for me.  hes always been the old southern gentleman type.  he walks to the opposite side of the car to unlock my door first.  he wont let me carry too heavy of groceries.  he rubs my feet.  he cooks me good meals so i don't grow weak and skinny (ha).  he drives us, unless i want to drive.  he buys me surprises.  he puts up with me. period.

but i think my favorite thing he does is writes letters.  its something old fashioned about that that i love.  my love language is "words of affirmation."  while this is a hundred percent me, it's only me in certain ways.  i'm not one to be called babe or honey or be told you look stunning or i'm dying to be next to you.  blah.  yuck that makes me cringe.  but i love love letters.  i love notes.

and well that's jonathan's specialty.  he would leave me notes during the honeymoon.  he learned quickly (well he already knew this) that i am not a morning person and i'm not a nice girl in the morning.  so when he wakes up he'd leave the room and be by himself for a while while i beauty rested for 3 more hours :).  he's always written me love letters.  i love them.  he writes what he means.  he uses analogies that no one else would - because hes not like others.  he tells me how he feels without crowding me with fairytale language.  i want the real stuff.  and that's what he gives.

tonight jonathans stayin in south carolina to plant cotton for work.  so what did he tell me before i went to sleep?  check your email.  i love this!  surprise love letters that i dont have to prompt are like a new pair of tennis shoes - yes tennis shoes are a BIG deal to me.

so thats me.  thats my love language.  thats my husband.  he's so much more awesome than i deserve.

okay next post i wont brag on husband.  ill write something to help you or inform you or interest you.  but for now get over it - im a newlywed.  and we're going to make pretty babies someday.  sorry it just came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment