Thursday, June 23, 2011

coffee shop of choice

i'm not a coffee snob.  i can't drink straight black coffee - it needs to have a lot of cream and sugar.  i can't drink caffeinated regular coffee either, because it makes my body convulse.  but i like coffee.  i like the experience even better.


every morning i walk to the cafe at work and get coffee with my work friend.  i love that, because it's part of my day.  and i love a blast of hot drink while my eyes are still shut from lack of 9 hours of sleep.


i've started loving coffee shops too.  i want to start one of my own some day.  i want to play great music and have live music and have buttermilk biscuits too.  i love  coffee shops.


anyways, today i decided to head out after i got home from work to go do my devotions.  confession, i've actually found it more difficult to find time to do devotions since ive been married because i have to make it a point to go and be alone.  so tonight i left to do my devotions.


i ended up at stick boy bread company in fuquay.  my sis in law knows the owners.  it's really great.  the workers are very personable and sweet and willing to give opinions on drinks - which i love.  and it was calm.  perfect for devotions - looking out on the street, quiet, a little music, and an iced coffee.


this is the end of this blog post.  make time for God.  meet with Him at coffee shops - especially stick boy - or anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment