Wednesday, June 1, 2011

a sick child..or puppy

as you all know we recently got a puppy - her name is tilley and she is ever so sweet.  minus when she bites my hands and makes me get rashes or poops on carpet.  other than that though, sweet.  and she's a pup - what can you expect.

anyways, last night after jonathan and i got home from work we started on some shish kabobs.  yum.  i love veggie shish kabobs - i love meat, but they take too long to grill, so thats why i love veggie kabobs - i'm not one for waiting patiently for hours for food to cook. no.

we fed sweet tilley her pedigree supper as well.  then disaster hit.  i guess you could say fit hit the shan.  first tilley upchucked her supper.  okay that's not all that out of the ordinary.  she's done that before - you know eat too quick and lose her supper.  

thennn about 5 minutes later the vom started.  projectile.  if you don't know me well you may not know that my biggest phobia (yes, i meant to say phobia and it's real) is people/dogs throwing up.  it makes me have panic attacks.  it makes me dart out of rooms filled with children neglecting all safety precautions.  it makes me sweat, feel weak, and ultimately dry heave.  

so tilley gave us our first child-like experience.  luckily, she allowed us to see who would be the parent to treat vomit in the house - jonathan's so sweet.  i ran out of the house with shirt over my mouth and nose - then demanded him to clorox his hands for hours.

anyways, long story short i called my vet friend, and she told me we ought to take her to the animal hospital.  we did, and we were there until almost midnight - but it was all worth it.  tilley ate something that disagreed with her internals, she possibly had/has a blockage, and we are monitoring her closely.  she's feeling much better today and we're praying there isn't a blockage.

we love her.  shes resting upon my hip.  pray for sweet tilley.  and for my sanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment