Monday, March 7, 2011

bachelorette weekend

this past weekend i had my bachelorette weekend.  i have been m i a on posting on the blog..well because wedding things have taken over my life.  dear engaged friends, if you ever feel like you've pretty much got everything planned and you're not doing anything for the wedding..you should be scared.  because its hiding and will get you about 2 months before the wedding.

sorry for the side note.

so with that said i went to the beach with my bridal girls this weekend.  gloria, my maid of honor, planned the whole weekend for us.  it was seriously a blast.  it was exactly what i needed in the midst of a chaotic two weeks.  we didn't talk wedding the whole time.  well we talked about some aspects of the wedding day/night...sorry.  back to what i was saying.

friday night we drove down to myrtle and stayed at two of my bridesmaids' beach house.  we had mrs hardy's spaghetti which is better than any restaurant ever.  seriously.  then we watched some tv and just relaxed...went to bed early like old ladies.  

saturday we did some shopping.  i found my rehearsal dinner dress.  and my honeymoon dress.  woops, just kiddin.  i probably heard "stacey just try it on" a good fifteen times this weekend.  i placed my fashion trust in them and left my own inhibitions for the weekend.

after an exhausting day of shopping we went and got our nailsss did.  it was a quaint little place, very cute.  there were two caucasian (pc) men and then a lady (non caucasian) that ran the place.  the owner tried to get me to drink shots repeatedly.  which i did not do. the white guy doing my toes lipped the rap song words while throwing my legs out of joint...just kidding the pedicure was AWESOME.  it was super relaxing and a blast to be with the girls, reading magazines, laughing, telling secrets while the pedicure-ists weren't looking.  it was great.

we finished off the night at california dreaming, and then back to the house.  for games.  games.  yes.  by gloria none the less.  we laughed til we cried.  i took pictures...probably won't post them.  and laughed some more.  

it was such a fantastic weekend.  i'm so blessed to have the girls i love in my wedding.  i'm definitely a girl for friendships, and i love the ones God gave me.

great weekend.  i'm off to take a bath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment