Monday, March 28, 2011

a wedding dream

i dream a lot.  i dream every night, and i generally remember my dreams the next day too. 

the other day i was telling jonathan about my dreams lately - they range on anything from us forgetting our marriage license, to feeling anxious while walking down the isle, to 100 page to do lists.  after i told jonathan about these dreams, he says "oh i had a dream the other night."  dreams are a little more few and far between for him.  so here's his dream...he was walking through the farm land at his grandmas house, and he saw a little baby pig.  so he picked the pig up and held it in his arm.  then he saw a mama pig, and so he picked it up and held it in his other arm.  the end.

you have to know jonathan and me to know why this is funny.  i asked him if this is about what his brain is working like during the day.  he said yes.  

so back to my dreams.  last night i had a dream.  it was very very detailed.  and it was about my wedding.  it's one of those dreams that brides do not want to have 2 weeks and 6 days before their wedding.  especially when it seems so thoroughly real.  

basically everything went wrong that possibly could've.  to start with i forgot my bra and earrings.  so my dress was falling down, and i wore a pair of studs that i found in my purse when we were already at the wedding site.
 
next, as i was walking down the isle my hair fell down.  just a piece in the back, kind of like a rat tail look.  really cute.
 
next as i walked down the isle i was under the quick realization that we never had a rehearsal.  we never practiced what we were doing.  so we had no idea what to do.  and that was evident.  the pastor had to tell us where to stand as we got down. 

oh speaking of a pastor.  yes it wasn't the pastor that is supposed to marry us.  it was an old man with a long white beard.  then half way through, he decided he was done with the ceremony, and he called in his back up priests.  they were straight gangsters who wore yellow pants with graffiti all over them, and red shirts.  during the pastor switch off they forgot to have us say our vows.  big part of a wedding ceremony.  if you think i'm making this up i'm not.  this is why it was scary and i woke up sweating.  when i asked why our pastor didn't come, we were told because he was at church.  i was a little perturbed - couldn't he miss ONE sunday for our wedding?

then the reception.  after talking with a few pals and going and finding a bra to put on in my car, i decided it was time for my bridal party's grand entrance.  only problem, i couldn't find anyone in my bridal party because they were already at the reception.  so i tried to sneak into the reception (with  my honkin huge dress) and retrieve my bridal party to make our entrance.  turns out i was a large disruption to the party, because everyone was playing bingo and kept "sh-shing" me as i walked through asking for my bridal party.

so all in all it was a great disaster.  i woke up very relieved that didn't just happen.  i hope you all enjoy this.  i didn't.  have a great monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment