Thursday, February 17, 2011

girl bye.

i went to goldsboro last night to visit my best.  it's always so good to just hang out.  we know each other like the back of our hands, and that just makes hanging out fun and easy.  lots of laughing.  

i went to visit, but i also went because i needed gloria to help me pick out my make up wedding for my bridal portraits.  there's  a dependence there that i am perfectly comfortable with admitting.  yes, i did text her this weekend when she had the flu and i was getting ready for my shower and asked her what to wear.  then i sent her a pic of myself in the outfit to double check.  it's the norm.

so we hung out when i got there.  then we went to a moe's like restaurant called bonfire where we got burritos.  they were so good.  so so good.  i did miss the cute little men that yell "welcome to moeees,"  sof o crispy, black beans o pinto, steak chicken o groun bee?  yes i have them memorized.

then we were ready to go tackle the impossible and not fun activity of picking out my make up.  my face is usually red and my neck is white, making it nearly impossible to get a correct color.  i hate make up ps.

so we rolled up to gboro mall on a mission.  walked into belk to the clinique counter.  there sat a girl slouched on the counter that looked up and said "help you?"  

let me just veer on a sidenote.  i HATE rude customer service, and i do not always deal with folks such as these in a Christian manner.  i hate it.  i can't stand when i call somewhere and people are rude - seriously your job is to be nice to people.  i can't stand rude waitresses.  i can't stand rude people.  sorry, i'm praying for myself about this tonight.

so i knew it would be a long experience with homegirl.  so i told her what i needed, and she painfully stood up to go find the redness reducer solution.  gloria and i eyed each other like greeeaaatttt.

so then homegirl started puttin the make up on my face.  then she stops and looks at us.  and she says.  "so.  what'd y'all have for supper?"  hmm.  weird question.  socially awkward  much?  gloria and i look at each other and gloria says "bonfire."  the girl looks back at me and says "OH.  that does the same thing to me."  

OH NO she didn't.  she went there.  she said we smelled of burritos.  i even had gum.  yes i did eat onions, and yes my clothes may smell like a tortilla bar.  and they may even give me gas.  get over yourself.  so after we got over that, my lip was raw from biting it to prevent laughing out loud in homegirl's face.  

she lightened up.  and she did a bangin job pickin out the make up color.  so we were cool by the time i left.  dang.  honest much?

k.  that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment