Monday, January 17, 2011

Be Still

lately i've been listening to song after song after song for my wedding.  like i've posted before, i love music.  i love the lyrics.  i love something that makes me want to dance.  i love music.  it makes me feel, and think, and reflect.  

in the last month or so i've come across this song and have had it in my heart and my head.  and it's just so good.  it's such a good message and something to ponder in our own lives.  mine especially.

check this out:


it's just moving, really.  but i've just been thinking.  i really struggle to be still.  to be still physically is tough in itself.  i like to be doing.  even if it's sitting relatively stationary, i like to be on the computer listening to music or planning wedding things, or looking on facebook.  i like to do.  that makes it difficult to just be still, physically.

but mentally - wow that's even tougher.  it's nearly impossible for me to be still in my thoughts.  to stop.  to drown out my thoughts, my worries, my anxieties, my memories, my plans...it's tough to really stop.  

on a sidenote, i've asked jonathan if he has times that he's nearly thinking of nothing.  and he says yes.  out on the tractor.  he's obviously paying attention to where he's going.  thank goodness.  but he's free in his mind.  i give him a hard time for that sometimes, but i'm envious really.  

so i'd like to start getting away.  alone with God.  and really hearing Him.  my prayers are so consumed of "God please be with ________...God please let Your will be done with ____________...God forgive me for _____________...God I need you...."  Those are all so wonderful and so sincere and God loves those, but i often times forget to listen.  to stop.  to be still in thought. to let Him tell me something.  to be still.  to get away. like Jesus did.  

so i hope you all can get away today. and tomorrow.  and just be in perfect peace with God and trusting Him.  i pray you can be still - mentally and physically.

No comments:

Post a Comment