Monday, January 24, 2011

influenza

it was a great weekend.  really.

then sunday i woke up with a small cough.  nothing big.  no hacking. nothing.  then i went to sunday school.  i was exhausted.  but what's new, if i wake up that early i should be tired.

then we went to church and my entire body felt as if someone had hit me with hammers from my ankles up to my head.  awesome feeling really.

so i left church early.  came home.  laid down.  the rest of the day.  then took some advil.  felt slightly better.  then woke up at 2:30 this morning felt like death, took some advil.  

then i went to the doctor this morning.  and i have the flu.  but let me back up and bring God into this.  i didn't call the doctor all morning because i did not want a strep test or bloodwork.  i decided i felt so deathly that i'd call.  i even asked the sweet front desk lady on the phone how they check for flu - "oh they will do a strep test and bloodwork."  fantastic.  i love gagging and feeling as if i'll pass out - while feeling like death.  but i started praying for God to just be present and get me through it.

turns out, based on my symptoms and fever it was flu.  God is so good really.

so i've been at home.  watching ellen, and oprah, and runaway bride.  waiting for this mess to roll out.  here's a photographic representation of flu.

sidenote - go get your flu shots, i don't care what you think.  ive never gotten one, because of a fear of shots.  but i'd happily take a jab to rid of this mess.  so go get your flu shot.  or else.

tissues for nasal drip
yummy raspberry soiree tea for my body
influenza shortener
body ache removal drug
drink of choice
seriously - this is the bag my tamiflu prescription came into - thanks for the smack in the face cvs

No comments:

Post a Comment