Monday, January 17, 2011

snobs

every morning i listen to bob and the showgram on the way to work.  it wakes me up in the morning and makes me laugh out loud.  by myself.  while people in nearby cars at stoplights look at me.  no, it's not always the most wholesome show all the time.  but it is funny sometimes.



so this morning the topic that i caught was "what kind of snob are you?"  let me explain.  snob definition by bob:  someone who believes their way of doing something or their "thing" is superior and the only way to do something or have something.  hahaha that made sense.

okay, examples.  kristin said she was an underwear snob.  she only buys victorias secret, a certain kind.  to her, those are the only acceptable kind.

mike only uses a certain kind of pens.  other people's pens are not good.  

bob is obsessed with his iphone and considers all who do not have iphones to be inferior in the world.

so i started thinking.  what is my snob-ism.  sorry y'all, this is a really deep conversation, and it may be above your education level.

i have a few too.  

coke products.  when i order a diet coke from a restaurant and the waitress says "is diet pepsi okay?"  i'm faced with a conflict.  should i be weird and say no, or should i say yes and drink something that tastses bad.  so coke products.  i'm a coke snob.  

also.  mint chocolate chip ice cream.  i only eat "white" mint chocolate chip ice cream - such as breyers.  the green stuff just doesn't cut it - it seems fakey.

also. black coffee.  since i've become a big girl and work in a corporate setting (HA), i have started drinking coffee...socially.  and to keep my eyes from shutting.  but if i don't make my black coffee, it tastes wrong.  i can't do it.  it is either too strong and makes me shake all day and panic that i'm having a heart attack.  or it doesn't have enough splenda and it makes me feel like my jaws are going to break from bitterness.  so a coffee snob am i.
so what's your snob?  what kind of snob are you?



No comments:

Post a Comment