Wednesday, January 26, 2011

me and julia.

i'm not really a movie watcher.  as i've mentioned in a post before, i am an on the go type person.  except of course when i have the flu and my body physically will not allow and i feel like i'm getting bed sores and muscle loss from laying on the couch for hours on end.  besides that though, yes an on the go type life.  

i'm not a huge movie buff, i don't know celebrities names, but there are certain movies that i can watch 4000 times and still love them, dearly.  a very select few.  poor jonathan.  he loves movies.  he would watch them everyday if he could, and he nearly does.  he loves them.  all types.  

me? no.  i love julia roberts movies.  usually when we decide to settle down and watch a movie i provide him with the following selections to choose from:

notting hill.
runaway bride
pretty woman

see a theme?  i'm not joking, those are the three we choose from, every time.  yes.  julia roberts is in all three of them, and i love her in them.  specifically runaway bride.  mostly because i can relate.  not because i'm running away at the altar, don't worry jonny.  but she just reminds me of myself in that movie.  i'm watching it now actually.

let me just leave you with a few quotes/thoughts from the movie to reiterate my love for this movie.  julia's character is maggie carpenter, just fyi.

maggie:  " a girl can't get married in flannel."  
- jonathan wouldn't mind, and it'd sure be a heck of a lot more comfortable than a big dress, but i suppose i can't get married in flannel either.

maggie:  {while fighting with her veil} "who makes these things?"
peggy (her best friend):  "calm down the veil is not attacking you."
- i foresee this being something i say right before i walk down the isle.  and even moreso, i foresee gloria, my maid of honor and best friend, telling me that it is not attacking me - very matter of factly.

maggie:  "i hate big weddings.  i'd like to get married on a wednesday, while everyone's working.  if i ride off into the sunset, i want my own horse."
- don't get me wrong, i feel so blessed for those we are inviting to be there, but walking in front of 200 people with beautiful music playing while everyone looks at ME makes me sweat.  a lot.  and go to the bathroom.

maggie:  "no sauntering down the isle.  i don't like that.  don't waste time.  just go."
- i WILL tell my bridesmaids the same thing.  no need for keeping to the rhythmic beat, let's just do it.

so.  enjoy that.  if you have not seen runaway bride, you are greatly missing out.

see ya.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Julie Roberts too!! I made Kyle watch Pretty Woman with me just the other night! :)

    ReplyDelete