Sunday, January 30, 2011

get ready

God is so good really.  i've been convicted lately of one truth - we need to be ready for Christ's coming.  i mean really ready.  my pastor has been preaching from Luke 12 on Jesus returning.  then in my bible study book - Crazy Love - the same truths have been displayed for me.  i struggle sometimes with just discerning God's voice - because my mind is so so loud.  but it's clear.  He wants me to get this, and i'm ready to pay attention.
Luke 12:  40 says "You also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect Him." 

if we believe the Word of God, that verse right there should change how we're leaving.  it says "BE READY, JESUS IS COMING."  

i'm so caught in the world, trying to put God in my pocket or in my world, rather than realizing i'm living in His world for just a short time.  but what if we really lived as if God could (and He can) take our lives at any second.

i'm not one to think of death.  i hate it, it makes me sad, i don't talk about wills, i don't like the idea of it.  it's sad.  but the truth is, we're all going, and it'll be so much better than this life for Christians.  

if i lived like He may return or i may go to Him at any time, this is how my life may differ:
  • i wouldn't be so afraid of sharing the gospel with someone in fear of having to be in their company again, i'd just do it knowing it may be the last time i see them
  • i wouldn't rush my life from one thing to the next forgetting about the Lord, because all things of this world will surely pass
  • i would stand up for my faith.  i wouldn't listen to a word of people saying "if it works for them it's fine with me."  that's not what i believe, not for a second.
  • i'd shine for Christ - i mean really shine.  my answers would glorify the Lord.  my actions would show that i'm running the race with straight perseverance for the Lord - not giving up and just being tired knowing i couldn't keep the pace for life.
  • i'd focus on being ready - i wouldn't be caught staying sinful in anger or not forgiving or being rude.  i'd be ready.  a state of mind and being that i'd be proud for the Lord to "catch" me in.

so be ready.  don't worry about having to be around people in awkwardness that you shared the gospel with.  go all out.  share Christ.  live for Christ.  repent for Christ.  love for Christ.  seek Christ.  Seek Him first.  

i'll leave you with this amazing song.

No comments:

Post a Comment