Thursday, January 13, 2011

a slight change. ha.

okay.  so as said before, i am one for plans.  i love them.  they make me feel secure.  i love the expectation of what's to come.  sometimes God likes to show me who's boss and whip my so-thought plans out of whack.  it's not always fun, but it builds me.

so last night, i was going to visit my bff in goldsboro - gloria.  we had great fun.  she is in dental hygiene school, and she gave me a dental exam.  on the bathroom floor.  with a book light.  she's going to be so wonderful at what she does.  it's always just relaxing and so fun to hang out with her.  we are going to be little old lady friends like this:




that's me looking in my purse for my TUMS.  and that's gloria saying to herself "stacey, quit being anxious, you are not going to throw up."  if you know me, you got that one, if you don't, just don't worry about it.

okay, so back to yesterday. and a slight change.  

jonathan and i booked our honeymoon like 3 months ago.  because that's what people like me do.  we are going to Primland and then Hawk's Cay.  ahhh. lovely.  we really can't wait.

we booked our flights through Expedia (did you just sing that in your mind - something like this - exx speedd eeeyaaaa dot com).  so last night on my way to g-town, i got a call from an 800 number.  i usually answer those phone calls in a weird voice and play with them for a little. but i didn't this time.  

the lady on the phone spoke about 1 out of ever 25 words in english - that makes for difficulty understanding.  she informed me that there was a "slight change" in our flight.  hmm..slight.  yea, no.

apparently our flight from Miami to Greensboro was changed from 11:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.  that's not slight friends.  

so then we were told if we didn't want that flight, and there weren't any options, we'd be charged $300 to change our flight.  HA.  okay.  $800 to fly to florida - no shanks.  

long story short, i talked to a few supervisors - i'm so bold, i know - and i received confirmation that i received wrong information (3 times, 3 different people) and we would not be charged any money, and we could move our flight to raleigh durham free of charge, leaving at 10:15 a.m.  perf.

lesson - do not book through expedia.  they are tricky. and very hard to understand.  go straight for the airlines, then you can take up your problems with just them.  i'm so glad i could help you.

peace and hair grease.

1 comment:

  1. I am wearing some FABULOUS green glasses in that picture of us! Glad you got it all worked out and thanks for letting me get "all up in your grill"...it was for a grade!

    ReplyDelete