Monday, January 3, 2011

for granted

i had a thought the other day that i wish i could hold onto a little more often.  i know God allowed me to think it, and He gave me a perspective change.

my thought was this:   

my very worst days are most likely, no, definitely, what others would consider the best days they could dream of and hope for.

it's amazing how internal we can get. well i won't speak for everyone, i'll just speak for myself.  but i can look at what i'd really think is a bad day.  one filled with stress of work, anxieties, maybe a throw up virus, an argument with someone you're close to, a jerk wod who is unpleasant to you when you apparently did nothing wrong...those kind of things are what i would say a bad day may consist of.

but if i am able to get out of myself for a bit, out of the flesh, and see my life as God so would have me see it, it's amazing what i'm forgetting to give thanks for.

i'm healthy. i don't have cancer or a life threatening disease. i am able to exercise.  i have a family with so few flaws that some may say they're perfect. parents who love each other. i have a job. that pays me. i have enough, no i have way more than enough, to survive. clean water. good food. and most of all, if i can step back for a few minutes i can realize the most wonderful daily gift i have - i am a believer in Jesus Christ, and i've accepted His forgiveness - so even on the days that things seem remotely tough, i can still have absolute assurance that this isn't "it" for me. i've got paradise waiting.  life is so small.  i've got somewhere better to go when this life stops. Heaven.

okay...just a more serious post. God is good.  have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. ha...and you know what I like (but hate) about this post!

    ReplyDelete