Monday, January 31, 2011

a new bad love

it's really the little things.  i mean if we counted on the BIG things to bring about little joys in our lives we'd be waiting a long time sometimes.  i mean how often is it to get a perfect brand new job, or a winning lottery ticket, or a baby - okay sorry, not having baby fever.  but little things get our attention.

a big introduction for what i'm about to tell you is my "little thing."  

my bridal portraits were scheduled for october - to be in the fall leaves, gorgeous weather.  it was all planned out.  hair stylist on board, make up person on board, best friend in town on a weekday, photographer ready.  then it rained.  and we can't do bridal portraits when its raining.  so we canceled them.  just like that.

but now, they are scheduled again.  i'm starting to get God's humor with "oh you think you've got it all planned out do ya?"  He gets me there every time.  but back to what i'm trying to say.  they are scheduled, LORD WILLING, for february 26th.  i've got my hair stylist, make up friend, and everything else.

but one piece of this is a fun little part that i never really imagined enjoying.

it so turns out i tried my dress on in june.  i fell in love with it.  it was the first dress i tried on.  and it also happens that it is light champagne in color.  and i was dark brown in summer.  the contrast was what made the dress.

so, how can i have summer in january?  yes.  that's my new bad love.  the tanning bed.  the first round i went i hated it.  because it broke me out in a rash on my hind quarters and under my melons.  glad i figued that out BEFORE the honeymoon.  how cute would i be.  hey boo here i am. and my rash too.

but today i went for my second session.  and it really was just great.  once i got past the coffin feel and the completely unnerving feeling when the tanning bed suddenly goes off and i fear my life is being enclosed in the box, and i forget people refer to these things as "cancer boxes,"  it really was quite enjoyable.  and i'm just going to choose to enjoy it for this short time period in my life.  

it was freezing today.  and i like cold weather.  but im kind of over it, really.  so i ran into Jill's Beach - haha - and got ready for my burn session.  i laid in the bed, after wiping it of course, covered my aforementioned parts thoroughly, and laid.  it was warm, and breezy, and two old g105 songs came on, and i could be doing nothing for 8 minutes and praying about things on my mind.  yea, praying in a tanning bad, what's it to you.

so that's my confession.  i actually loved the tanning bed, and i'm ready for round 3.  i don't encourage it, but i'm going to love it for the next month or two.  yay jill!

No comments:

Post a Comment